[WEB4LIB] Re: Welcome to the Schoogle Era

Amos Lakos aalakos at library.ucla.edu
Thu Nov 18 14:27:14 EST 2004

Go Karen Go -
I am coming out of the shadows as well on this one:

Google Scholar is just the first new service that is designed to make
search and access to scholarly digital resources more SIMPLE.

And it is not about Libraries Only. The future is about making all
computing and information transfer and use - more simple.

Read the Oct 30, 2004 issue of the Economist for a fascinating
survey on "the conquest of complexity" - and as far as I am concerned,
librarians should welcome these developments and not feel threatened
by them - in any case they are coming - with our blessings or without.

Read - Survey: Make it simple;
The Economist. London: Oct 30, 2004.Vol.373, Iss. 8399;  pg. 4
Available full text from ABIInform....

Amos

--On Thursday, November 18, 2004 10:27 AM -0800 "K.G. Schneider"

Amos Lakos
Librarian, Rosenfeld Management Library
UCLA - Anderson School of Management
110 Westwood Plaza, Box 951460