[WEB4LIB] Re: Welcome to the Schoogle Era

Rob Weidman row3 at lehigh.edu
Thu Nov 18 12:11:28 EST 2004

Indeed there is some tie in to OpenURL services here -- but only when
Google Scholar includes Crossref doi links

For example:
http://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=author%3AZhang+COOH-terminal-binding+protein

For me, the link brings up our local SFX menu with appropriate copy
information.

Of course this type of link seems to be the exception. According to the
crossref search information previously mentioned,  the links will use
the DOI "whenever possible," but I am not seeing too many examples where
this is the case.

"Results are returned from Google using the Google search and ranking
algorithms, and using the article's DOI whenever possible to link from
the search results to the published article."
http://www.crossref.org/crossrefsearch.html

-rob-