Dropdown Menu Dominance in IE

Jimm Wetherbee jimm at wingate.edu
Wed Jun 2 16:33:10 EDT 2004

All,

I've been revising our library's homepage (thanks to a good deal of cribbing
from Cal. State -- LA).  The main feature of this new page is a cascading
menu. All was going well until I added a layer that included a drop-down
menu.  The menu cascades to three levels in succeeding layers.  Where the
third menu level overlaps the drop-down menu, the drop-down menu (and no
other field in the form) takes precedence so that part of the menu is cannot
be seen.  This seems to happen only in IE.  How to I keep the cascading
(layer driven) menu on top of the drop-down menu. A copy of this work in
progress (It is only a functional mock-up as of yet. I haven't even tested
all the links) can be found at
http://library.wingate.edu/floatingmenu01a.html.  Any help in figuring this
out would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,

--jimm

fides, scientia, pietas

The insightful ideas are the delusions of a madman.  The rest are mine.

---