[WEB4LIB] Webtrends and Analog

David King DavidKing at kclibrary.org
Wed Jun 23 15:24:00 EDT 2004

I don't remember what webtrends calls it, but it should have that
capability. We use a similar product called Smarter Stats that has a
similar feature, called "Total Hits."

And as an aside - total hits/files downloaded is VERY different from
Page Views. Page Views counts the number of times someone looks at your
page (some break that down even further into page views and page
visits). Total Hits/downloaded files (if I'm correct in what the
"downloaded files" count is doing) counts every time a file is hit - so
if one page has three images, that page gets four hits - one for the
.html, and one for each .gif file.

So hits/files isn't an accurate count of web traffic.

Unless your files downloaded was counting how many times a file was
actually downloaded, like mp3 or pdf files...

David King
Kansas City Public Library
816-701-3400, ext. 2503
davidking at kclibrary.org