[WEB4LIB] [Fwd: Photo No-No! Discount For Libraries]

K.G. Schneider kgs at bluehighways.com
Mon Jun 28 11:14:21 EDT 2004

> > Our latest release has these great features:
> > -  Blocks individual obscene pictures and images by using Advanced Image
> Analysis to determine if an image is obscene.

Actually, CIPA requires that the filter "must protect against access to
visual depictions that (1) are obscene, (2) contain child pornography, or
(3) are harmful to minors." However, the vendor is correct that for CIPA,
only visual depictions need to be blocked. See:

http://www.dpi.state.wi.us/dltcl/pld/cipafaqlite.html

Karen G. Schneider
kgs at bluehighways.com