[WEB4LIB] RE: Microsoft (re-)recommends High security for

Mandy Havert mhavert at nd.edu
Thu Jun 17 12:23:16 EDT 2004

Thomas Dowling wrote:

>Vicki Falkland wrote:
>

>True, and AFAIK theirs is the only browser left without a built-in popup
>blocker.  However, that's supposed to part of the Great Big XP Service
>Pack 2 release, due real soon now.  Of course, the people most likely to
>move fast on the SP2 upgrade are probably the ones most likely already
>to have a third party popup blocker (perhaps in the form of a different
>browser!).

I encountered a workstation that has SP2 on it just this morning. It's
administered by another campus group, so I don't know much about it
myself. Indeed, the pop-up blocking software is there in IE6 for SP2. It
was blocking the add-to-basket  functionality in our web OPAC and
causing all sorts of grief for a user who wasn't informed it was there
and enabled. Once I found it, I was able to readily allow pop-ups for
our website.

--

Mandy L. Havert
Technical Support Consultant/Analyst 2

Library Systems Department  | Phone & Voice: 574 631-3065
213 Hesburgh Library        | E-mail: mhavert at nd.edu
University of Notre Dame    | FAX: 574 631-6772
Notre Dame, IN 46556-5629

"If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun."
                               ~ Katharine Hepburn