[WEB4LIB] Yahoo Mail adds storage

Louise Alcorn Louise.Alcorn at wdm-ia.com
Tue Jun 15 19:01:41 EDT 2004

Louise E. Alcorn     --    Reference Technology Librarian
West Des Moines Public Library
4000 Mills Civic Pkwy
West Des Moines IA 50265
(515) 222-3573      louise.alcorn at wdm-ia.com
http://www.wdm.lib.ia.us>>> "Robert Sullivan" <rsullivan at sals.edu> 06/15/04 08:39AM >>>
> There was a note somewhere about 2GB of storage for a > fee.

As to this, I have a Yahoo! account for my personal email.  If you've already bought the extra storage (I took the lowest fee level, and went from 6MB to 10MB at the time), you're getting 2GB now, whatever size you bought before, and since you've already paid, they're offering the next year at ½ price.  You'd then have to pay the new rate, $20/year, after that.  By which time, they'll likely have changed it again :-)  The free ones remain free, and now have 100MB, so I gather.

I've had my Yahoo! account for years.  They've been remarkably stable and fine for a free account (you get what you pay for).  I like the fact that w/the new 2gig account, I have no graphical ads.  A nice change.

They also changed the entire interface a bit, tarting it up.  They're competing w/Gmail, so big deal.  It's not as if I don't have 6 other accounts I can use if Yahoo annoys me...

My 2 cents, with no advertising.