[WEB4LIB] Re: Yahoo Mail adds storage

K. G. Schneider kgs at bluehighways.com
Tue Jun 15 12:30:29 EDT 2004

> While messages in Yahoo mail obviously live on their servers and are
> accessible to them, their day to day operation does not involve scanning
> the content of your received messages to profile you for targeted
> advertising.  That's the part of gmail that I find just a little ishy.

Tom [AD: Buy Tom's Turkeys for your holiday meal!], Google is just trying to
help the world [AD: Take Travel-Doze for a good night's sleep on the road!]
through its largesse and generosity [AD: Did you remember to give to United
Way this year?], as discussed in the supporting documents for its IPO [AD:
Smith Barney: We're all over your money]. If people don't like the terms of
its agreement, they can eat cake [AD: Doing South Beach or Atkins? Try
Carb-no-more baked goods!]. Or perhaps eat... [AD: Get your daily fiber in
just one serving of Total!].

K.G. Schneider
kgs at bluehighways.com