[WEB4LIB] The Future

Michael McCulley drweb at san.rr.com
Wed Jul 28 21:24:37 EDT 2004

Just a few short notes, on top of the good links here so far..

1) Browsers Become Applications
2) RFID or other tracking technologies become more common
3) Information "Commons" come to all types of libraries (portals anyone?)
4) Integrated Library Systems become more like the "Internet/WWW" (XML et.
al.)
5) Live Reference continues growth and integration as a "basic" service of
libraries
6) Library Web sites becomes more "bricks and clicks" portals (serving both
Online and in-house clients)
7) M&M introduces a mauve color *and* flavor
8) Al Gore is knighted for inventing the Internet

But, I digress..

Of course, is it Dennis Miller or Mark Twain that says, "I could be
wrong..." ?

Best,
DrWeb

--
P. Michael McCulley aka DrWeb
mailto:drweb at san.rr.com
San Diego, CA
http://drweb.typepad.com/

Quote of the Moment:
 I tried to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.
Wednesday, July 28, 2004 6:17:14 PM