[WEB4LIB] Re: Browser related question

Steve Cramer smcramer at uncg.edu
Tue Jul 20 16:26:34 EDT 2004

Why? What does validation have to do with the quality of a page's content,
or how relevant the content of a particular page is to my search query?

Now, if two pages had the same page ranking, perhaps validation could be
used as a tiebreaker. Perhaps some search engine bots should be programmed
to only index pages that validate. Thought would be interesting!

--Steve, not too serious

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 15:30:14 -0700 (PDT) Lars Aronsson <lars at aronsson.se>
wrote:

> I'm having the clickable W3C validator logo on a quarter of a million
> web pages.  I wish we could make more people use them.  Search engines
> ought to look for that link and rank validated pages higher.  Perhaps
> they already do.
>

> --
>   Lars Aronsson (lars at aronsson.se)
>   Project Runeberg - free Nordic literature - http://runeberg.org/

Steve Cramer
Librarian for Accounting, Business, Economics, & Textiles
University of North Carolina at Greensboro
smcramer at uncg.edu, 336-256-0346, AIM: crams828

Ask us! Phone, chat, email, or in person:
http://library.uncg.edu/depts/ref/askalib/