[WEB4LIB] seeking browser with command console that will accept HTTP commands

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Tue Jul 20 10:47:27 EDT 2004

John Fitzgibbon wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am seeking a browser with a command interface where I can type HTTP commands such as GET, POST, PUT, TRACE, HEAD and OPTIONS and view the response from the server as plain text. Does such a program exist?
>
>Any help would be much appreciated.

If you really want to get down to the nuts and bolts, you can just do
"telnet [server] 80" and enter your HTTP commands manually.  ("Browser?
We don' need no steenking browser!")

Both Mozilla and Firefox support the livehttpheaders extension from
<http://livehttpheaders.mozdev.org>.  It displays both the request
headers and response headers for the current page in the Page Info dialog.

Thomas Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu