HTML vs ASP

Helfrich, Gair GHelfrich at acmail.aclink.org
Thu Jul 15 17:33:25 EDT 2004

We have a web server that is using both html and asp pages (using Access
databases). Randomly the web server fails; we have determined that the
html pages are fine when this happens, but that the asp pages are the
ones that are failing and we must restart WWW services to get them back
up.

We found an some forum articles that suggest this is due to faulty
coding of the asp pages--perhaps because the database is not being
closed properly. We'd like something more definitive about this subject
before we take it to the webmaster, who feels the problem is ours (we
house the server, but don't do the webpages). Can you point me to some
authoritative articles on this?

Thanks in advance,
Gair Helfrich

Gair Helfrich
Network Services & Computer Services Manager
Atlantic County Library
40 Farragut Avenue
Mays Landing, NJ 08330
609-625-2776 ext. 6313  Fax: 609-625-8143
ghelfrich at acmail.aclink.org