[WEB4LIB] Browser related question

Andrew Mutch amutch at waterford.lib.mi.us
Thu Jul 15 13:57:34 EDT 2004

Bill,

You'll want to start with a valid doctype for the page.

Rendering Mode and Doctype Switching
http://www.positioniseverything.net/articles/doctypes.html

Without it, the various browsers go into different quirks mode and you'll likely
never be able to get them to render consistently. A valid doctype will at least
put them all into standards mode and then you can wage battle with the various
browser based bugs that are likely the cause of the differences.

Andrew Mutch
Library Systems Technician
Waterford Township Public Library
Waterford, MI