No subject

Reynolds, Erica, JCL ReynoldsE at jocolibrary.org
Tue Jul 13 09:39:41 EDT 2004

Greetings all,

Past discussions of CMS I've found through the web4lib archives focused
on the merits of content management systems in libraries, CMS in parent
organizations that affect libraries (like universities), and other
why/why not to implement CMS.

We already have a CMS system, but it was built from scratch, and it
includes all the normal maintenance and management problems of a
home-grown system, so we're looking to buy something or implement some
kind of open source. We are basically an asp shop, and we'd rather not
re-train all the programmers.

Do any of you have recommendations for a content management system?
Right now, we're evaluating Logic Create, Bricolage, Magnolia, and Open
CMS, among others, but so far we have not found a system that includes a
link-management tool.

Many thanks for your suggestions.

Best wishes,
Erica