Updating ActiveX controls in Windows 2000

Andrew Mutch amutch at waterford.lib.mi.us
Wed Jul 7 11:50:00 EDT 2004

Hi all,

This has been something I've meant to document from the first time I stumbled
across it while doing updates on Windows 2000. I haven't seen this otherwise
documented so I think others might find this helpful. This help page outlines a
quick way to update ActiveX controls on a computer running Windows 2000. If your
browsers support Flash, Shockwave and other third-party programs that use
ActiveX controls, you'll probably find this helpful. This can also be used to
update the ActiveX controls used by various MS sites like WindowsUpdate and
Office Clip Art and Media. The help page is located here:

http://tln.lib.mi.us/~amutch/pro/ie/activexupdate.htm

I don't have Windows XP handy to check to see if the above applies to XP. But if
it does, please let me know so that I can revise my instructions accordingly. As
always, comments and corrections are appreciated.

Andrew Mutch
Library Systems Technician
Waterford Township Public Library
Waterford, MI