[WEB4LIB] print management software

Tom Klingler tk at kent.edu
Thu Jul 1 22:46:12 EDT 2004

I'm a huge Pharos fan, but I don't think it would be cost effective in a
setting with only 12 PCs.  We have a large installed base of 52 printers
serving many hundreds of PCs.  In this environment, Pharos is great for
us.  We've been running UnipriNT for over 6 years now and love it.  But,
it is not cheap to get started; you need at least one server;  you need
MS-SQL server; and you need a significant amount of staff time to do the
initial config/deploy.  Again, Pharos UnipriNT is great, and I love it,
but I would not recommend it for such a small installation.  I've been
so pleased with Pharos that I haven't even looked at other products for
6 years, so I cannot recommend an alternative.

Tom Klingler
Kent State