[WEB4LIB] RE: Open Worldcat

Michael McCulley drweb at san.rr.com
Wed Dec 8 21:23:00 EST 2004

Excellent news and information in your post, Mike, thanks for sharing. I'm
pleased the backend applications that can use this "Web-wide" endeavor into
search engines ("from the source, you shall find...") in creative and linked
ways: you are thinking outside or beyond finding --to delivery. That speaks
well for your team, IMHO. It also bridges in a harmonious way the
library-search-engine world, something we don't have a lot of professional
organizations doing so far. It's leading the way. I hope some ILS vendors
follow suit.

Keep us posted here on Web4Lib. I for one would like to keep abreast of this
exciting enterprise.

Best regards,
DrWeb

--