[WEB4LIB] RE: Library News from Google ... *and* UM! (fwd)

Freeman, Brook J. freemanb at purdue.edu
Tue Dec 14 14:04:43 EST 2004

I haven't read the Chronicle article yet, but I did read the CNN.com
article which stated that for works still under copyright "... the
search engine will provide a snippet of text and refer users to
publishers or libraries where the work can be found."  NYPL and Oxford
won't be putting copyrighted materials up.

http://money.cnn.com/2004/12/14/technology/personaltech/google_books/ind
ex.htm?cnn=yes

Brook