Call for Submissions for Book on Technology in Public Libraries

Kim Bolan Taney ktaney at mcls.rochester.lib.ny.us
Wed Dec 8 09:08:16 EST 2004

Colleagues,

I am currently co-authoring a book for ALA Editions on technology in small
and medium-sized public libraries.  As part of this project, I am looking
for progressive public libraries willing to share information on what they
are doing in this area.  Individual libraries as well as library
systems/consortiums are encouraged to participate.  All participants will be
credited for their submissions as well as included as "model library sites"
within the book.

Topics of interest would include, but are not limited to:

1.         Technology Assessment and Planning

2.         Hardware and Software

3.         Cutting Edge Solutions

4.         Staff and Public Training/Education

5.         Recruiting and Hiring of Technology Staff

6.         Cultural Impact of Technology (on staff and public)

7.         Technology-related Policies and Guidelines

8.         Marketing of Technology and Related Services

A 2005 publication date is expected, so I invite all interested people to
contact me immediately for a submission form at ktaney at libraryweb.org (or
bolan_kimberly at yahoo.com).  Also, don't hesitate to contact me with
additional questions.

Thank you for your interest and time,

Kimberly Bolan Taney, MLS

Independent Library Consultant

Author of Teen Spaces: The Step-by-Step Library Makeover

PO Box 490
Brownsburg, IN 46112

585-739-7003

 <mailto:ktaney at libraryweb.org> ktaney at libraryweb.org or