[WEB4LIB] Peter and Art's GoogleScholar Bookmarklet

Ross Singer ross.singer at library.gatech.edu
Fri Dec 3 16:25:13 EST 2004

Ok, this should be fixed... I, uh, didn't bother to actually "try" a
book search.

That's what the users are for... debugging.

It's still not perfect, by any means.  For instance, a search for "The
Old Man and the Sea" in our catalog comes up with 0 hits because from
SFX we use an exact search into our catalog and preceding "the"s are
dropped.

It may be best to suppress Books altogether and use Open Worldcat for that.

Or, in the future, possibly different item types can have different
behaviors, but I get ahead of myself.

Thanks for finding this,
-Ross.