[WEB4LIB] netLibrary vs OverDrive - pros and cons for a public library

Chris Zagar chris.zagar at emcmail.maricopa.edu
Fri Aug 20 23:20:37 EDT 2004

Our library has been using ebrary.com for over a year and have been
impressed by the results.  We also use netLibrary, but ebrary has been
getting higher use since we have more titles and the books are never
"checked out" so they are always available to everyone.

It does require a special plug-in, but the plug-in is nicely designed and
provides a lot of useful features.

If you browse to:

 	http://librarycenter.ebrary.com/

they actually have a small selection of library-related books available as
a demonstration.

Chris Zagar
Estrella Mountain Community College