[WEB4LIB] Re: New Search Tools under Development

Michael Whang michael.whang at wmich.edu
Thu Aug 12 15:57:55 EDT 2004

LOL! (the doctor analogy is hilarious)  I couldn't agree with you
more.
That just made my day

:->

Michael Whang
WMU Libraries

Karen Coyle wrote:

>It's a QUALITY issue, not a QUANTITY issue.

Indeed!  When the problem is dealing with millions of search
results,
the solution can't just be to add another hundred million documents
search ("Doctor, it hurts when I do this." "Then do it a lot
more!").

Gee, it's almost like the best solution would include things like
classification systems, controlled vocabularies, and name
authorities.
But that's not as sexy as digitizing the entire Library of
Congress.

[Do the British wax so rhapsodic about digitising the entire
British
Library?]

--
Thomas Dowling