Library lingo (Find Articles)

Chris Jorgensen cjorgensen at creighton.edu
Thu Aug 12 13:28:02 EDT 2004

Hi Michelle,

[Michelle wrote: "Does anybody notice any confusion between "Find Articles"
(representing Databases) and getting a full text article out of an online
journal. Specifically are patrons going to the "Find Articles" link to look
for a specific article in a full text journal?"]

That's why we have the options under Find Articles of "on a certain subject"
or "in a certain journal/magazine." In our usability tests, this seemed to
alleviate the confusion for users. We keep this distinction on our Find
Articles subpage, too: http://reinert.creighton.edu/articles/articles.htm.

Like I said, it seemed to make sense to people in our usability tests, but I
can let you know how it goes after users use it "for real" this semester.

Chris

Chris Jorgensen
Reference/Web Services Librarian
Reinert/Alumni Memorial Library