Federated Search services

Turner,Kathleen kt32 at EXCHANGE1.DREXEL.EDU
Fri Aug 6 11:52:29 EDT 2004

We have made the decision to add a federated searching product to our online services, and are investigating the leading products, with our attention primarily focused on Webfeat and ExLibris' MetaLib.  We implemented ExLibris' SFX this past year, and found that their support of the implementation process (which is complex), and on-going support have been excellent, and that user response has been very positive.

We have been able to identify a few academic libraries who have implemented MetaLib but so far, I have found very few using Webfeat; their customer base seems to be primarily public libraries.  If anyone has experience with implementing either of these products, particularly in an academic library, could you contact me?

Thank you,

Kathleen H. Turner
Web/Education Librarian
W.W. Hagerty Library