[WEB4LIB] Re: alternative to NewsIsFree?

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se
Thu Aug 19 18:41:23 EDT 2004

Tara Calishain answered a question:

> >Would someone recommend news aggregators similar to the NewIsFree?
> >With the option of filtering news for certain topic and providing
> >ready sources feeds blocks - e.g. Tech News
>
> Holy cow, there are billions of them at this point.

Is there one that allows downloading of old news? A news feed is a
daily flow, but is there anyone who archives them by day and year and
allows a timeline-based search or presentation?  Where can I dig up
the news feeds for October 2002?

Journal digitization projects such as JSTOR could in theory create
news feeds from 1972 and 1872, but has anybody done this?

--
  Lars Aronsson (lars at aronsson.se)
  Aronsson Datateknik