[WEB4LIB] RE: "Style" guides

Jimm Wetherbee jimm at wingate.edu
Mon Aug 16 11:42:01 EDT 2004

| But, yes, this is a good thing, and no, I have never had a "formal"
| style guide (as far as naming conventions, anyway).  Even standards such
| as what you call your library would be helpful (not to mention name
| authorities on resources).
|
| Have fun with that political quagmire,
[--jimm replies]

And it can be a quagmire indeed.  A former PR director here had gotten
over-all charge of the University websites and insisted that everyone
conform to the AP style manual.  Needless to say, the English Department did
not see the necessity in this requirement.  On the other hand, if your
institution does have a generally accepted style manual (we have too many),
you could use that as the basis for discussion.

--jimm

---