PDF "validator"?

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Tue Aug 31 14:05:35 EDT 2004

Web4Lib--

I'm tending a collection of electronic theses and dissertations in PDF
format, in which students (or their grad schools) are supposed to upload
the PDF and then check that the uploaded version opens correctly when
downloaded again.  Too often, no one checks the PDF and we get a copy
that was corrupted during the upload.

Does anyone know of a tool that can check PDFs for common errors, and
that I can script in a Unix command-line environment?

--
Thomas Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu