[WEB4LIB] RE: Testimony re: flash pens

Robin Boulton rboulton at linc.lib.il.us
Mon Aug 30 14:08:44 EDT 2004

We allow floppies, CDs and USB drives. Seems to me the internet access is
the biggest risk, and since that's the primary reason we have public
computers, it's unavoidable. We use Norton antivirus (although I'm probably
going to change to something else next year) and DeepFreeze to keep the PCs
as clean as possible. I'm also in the process of installing and rolling out
the enterprise version of SpySweeper, which should reduce the spyware
annoyance factor. If all that fails we would just reimage an affected
machine... but (touch wood) we haven't had any major problems so far in two
years of unrestricted patron use of our Tech Center PCs.