No subject

Julie Quetel quetel at uiuc.edu
Wed Aug 25 22:58:13 EDT 2004

As a first year LIS graduate student, lurking has given up
some good source websites as I take my first reference
class at the University of Illinois and an idea what kind of
experience libraries are looking for to hire. My udergraduate
degree is in biology and I'm looking toward something science
related. A part time job at a library seems like a very good
idea, although my impression is that a job as a para in an
academic library would be a hard thing to come by given the
pool of slave labor work study students available to them.
Suggestions about ways to gain experience?

Also, what's   various ways people strategy keep current? I'm
muddling my way through information overwhelm as a newbie. I'm
not sure what an efficient useful way to keep organize
articles, lecture notes, papers written, concepts from books
read so that they can later be referenced. My impression is
that it's something like keeping a personal bibliography. Not
really sure how to proceed with that one.

Julie