[WEB4LIB] web based online encyclopedia for eight to twelve year olds

Michael McCulley drweb at san.rr.com
Mon Aug 23 20:46:54 EDT 2004

John,

At San Diego Public Library, we use the Grolier Multimedia Encyclopedia for
this audience/target patron population. You can see more at
http://auth.grolier.com/cgi-bin/updatelist?templatename=/marketing/librarian
.html#Subscribe

There's a free trial offer there, too.

Our version online has La Nueva Enciclopedia Cumbre (Spanish) and
Encyclopedia Americana. We have remote access via IP authentication with
Library Card & PIN frontdoor (remote patrons).

Hope this helps...

Best,
Michael
*speaking only for himself*

--
P. Michael McCulley aka DrWeb
mailto:drweb at san.rr.com
San Diego, CA
http://drweb.typepad.com/

Quote of the Moment:
Toys are made in heaven, batteries are made in hell.
Monday, August 23, 2004 5:39:21 PM