[WEB4LIB] RE: Exchange Server and Webmail

Chris Murphy chrism at thecommunitylibrary.org
Wed Aug 11 18:19:33 EDT 2004

We limit ports insofar as they are limited by a normal firewall, but we
don't limit the standard ports such as those used for HTTP or HTTPS.

I suspect, like some others who responded, that the problem is not
inherent to our system but is a consequence of the configuration of the
system these folks are trying to access. We see the problem so
infrequently that it seems disproportionately low to the number of
Exchange servers out there. If it were our system, I would expect to see
more people having difficulty accessing their web mail.

Thanks to everyone for your replies and suggestions. I'm going to try
them if/when someone has trouble accessing their Exchange server
account. If any solution seems to do the trick, I'll let you know.

Thanks again,

Chris

--
Christopher Murphy