[WEB4LIB] What about a non-full-text limiter?

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se
Thu Aug 5 21:34:25 EDT 2004

Brian Mathews wrote:
> I wish that database vendors included a non-full-text limiter. Sure,
> it is strategic to have the ability to filter your results for
> full-text only, but what if you wanted a list of items that are not
> available online?

Was there yet a realistic case where any query yielded a significantly
smaller list of results if the online available texts were left out?
What science and which query?

Your wish sounds like a catalog of the books that aren't written yet,
or going to Africa's jungles to find all animals that aren't there.
This is because I have the preconceived notion that so very little
information is available online.  Maybe one day that will not be so.
Maybe it has already changed for some disciplines?

--
  Lars Aronsson (lars at aronsson.se)
  Aronsson Datateknik