[WEB4LIB] RE: Xupiter Hijacks Browsers and RE: Resource

Elizabeth L. Brown ebro at loc.gov
Fri Jan 31 17:52:33 EST 2003

Sorry, Friday afternoon typo:  Should be
http://allentech.net/parasite/Xupiter.html

A co-worker offers these:
McAfee's manual instructions: http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_99904.htm
  Pest Patrol's manual steps:
http://www.pestpatrol.com/pestinfo/x/xupiter.asp.
The freeware spyware remover AdAware will also remove Xupiter and other
such ilk, as will Ad-aware: http://lavasoft3.element5.com/support/download/

Betty Brown

At 12:02 PM 1/31/2003 -0800, Elizabeth L. Brown wrote:
>I found instructions that worked well here.
>http://www.alltech.net/parasite/Xupiter.html
>The fix requires that you edit the Windows registry, but doesn't use extra
>software.  We had the "2003" Variant.
>
>Betty Brown
>

>At 09:46 AM 1/31/2003 -0800, Donna wrote:
> >If anyone finds a way to get this out of the registry please let me =
> >know. I have it back and have it disabled .The programs that say to =
> >disable it first and then delete it have not worked-this is an XP pc . =
> >When I try to delete it in the registry it is not deleteable and this is =
> >why I reformatted a few months ago. I have the newest version of  =
> >AdAware and their RegHance and have used Spybot Search & Destroy ever =
> >since I reformatted the first time. I also use ZoneAlarm Pro and =
> >BlackIce Defender. Right now it is unable to phone home. A new file that =
> >was not loaded on the first version I got is in the registry as =
> >XTCfgloader-
> >
> > >From this site  http://www.rselby.com/xupiter.htm is the following info =
> >as well as instructions to delete it-they did not work for me but did =
> >help put the bugger in quarantine:

balance of message deleted...