[WEB4LIB] RE: Xupiter Hijacks Browsers and RE: Resource Websites for School Library Technology

Donna amuse at carolina.rr.com
Fri Jan 31 12:40:41 EST 2003

If anyone finds a way to get this out of the registry please let me know. I have it back and have it disabled .The programs that say to disable it first and then delete it have not worked-this is an XP pc . When I try to delete it in the registry it is not deleteable and this is why I reformatted a few months ago. I have the newest version of  AdAware and their RegHance and have used Spybot Search & Destroy ever since I reformatted the first time. I also use ZoneAlarm Pro and BlackIce Defender. Right now it is unable to phone home. A new file that was not loaded on the first version I got is in the registry as XTCfgloader-

>From this site  http://www.rselby.com/xupiter.htm is the following info as well as instructions to delete it-they did not work for me but did help put the bugger in quarantine:

There is a new version of this around that points to BrowserWise.com instead of Xupiter.com. It also has an extra DLL, XTSearch.dll, inside the Program FilesXupiterUpdates folder, and a new task, XTCfgLoader.exe.

Thanks in advance,

Donna Muse

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.