Web forms for library users to use to order article reprints -- syntax?

ZICK_LAURA at Lilly.com ZICK_LAURA at Lilly.com
Wed Jan 29 14:43:42 EST 2003

Any of you whose library is involved in helping library customers order
article reprints -- the glossy reprints purchased from journal publishers
(i.e., NOT photocopies of articles):  how do you describe this service on
your Web/intranet site, on brochures, etc?

We're working to improve the clarity of the wording on the reprint order
form on our intranet site -- we find that customers often confuse
"reprint" with "photocopy" and we'd like to do a better job communicating
the difference between the two.  I searched the Web4Lib archive and
checked the wonderful "Library Terms That Users Understand" site (http://www.jkup.net/terms.html) and don't see this issue addressed in either of these places.

Any suggestions welcome; if there is interest, I'll summarize to the
list(s).

Thanks!
Laura Zick, Information Scientist
Eli Lilly and Company -- Library & Information Services
Lilly Corporate Center, DC 0737, Indianapolis, Indiana 46285 USA
lauraz at lilly.com; Voice: 317.277.1236; Fax: 317.276.4418