[WEB4LIB] WEB4LIB digest 2880

Shutt, Michelle Miller mmshutt at richland.lib.sc.us
Thu Jan 16 09:15:34 EST 2003

OK, so this discussion of Dreamweaver and layers has got me curious. I have
been learning Dreamweaver (I've got Dreamweaver MX) and so far I love most
of what I've discovered (the site management tools are great). However, I
don't really know anything about layers and what I've read doesn't seem to
make it any clearer. So, can someone tell me in a few sentences exactly what
that IS? In what situations would you want to use layers - just for rollover
type effects? I'm also curious about accessibility and valid HTML. It
doesn't seem that creating a site using layers would meet accessibility
requirements/standards. What's the scoop?

Thanks for any enlightenment.

Michelle C. Miller Shutt
Technology Support Librarian II
Richland County Public Library