[WEB4LIB] Koha (ILS) article in "Linux Journal"

c.murdock cmurdock at ccfls.org
Wed Jan 15 14:09:58 EST 2003

> Just noticed that the February 2003 edition of "Linux Journal"
> magazine features an article entitled "Koha: a Gift to Libraries
> from New Zealand" on page 58.

> Koha is an ILS (Integrated Library System) that has been
> licensed under the GNU GPL (GNU General Public License).
>
> FYI,
> Raymond

I tried the demo cd (which can be downloaded from
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=16466) mentioned in the
article, and was very impressed.  Just download & burn the image onto a cd,
boot a system from it, and you have a working demo, without having to install
an OS or do any configuration.    The version of Koha on the cd is slightly
behind the current release version, so it's a little behind in features, but
it is still very impressive.  They've really made a lot of progress in the
last year or so.

Cheers!
c.
--