Netscape 4.x and [media="all"]

Robert Sullivan rsullivan at sals.edu
Mon Jan 13 16:32:03 EST 2003

> >Netscape Navigator 4.x incorrectly ignores any linked or embedded
style
> >sheets declared with MEDIA values other than screen....
>
> This is actually one of the tools you can use to make sure that NS4
doesn't
> see CSS properties that would confuse it.  A similar trick uses
@import.

As it happens, I wasn't trying to hide the sheet, I just thought there
might be some benefit in specifying that setting.  My style sheet is
pretty basic and Netscape 4.x handled it tolerably well until I added
that attribute.  I will just have to accept the default.

The error mentioned by Lisa Pons was from a Javascript counter; I'm
phasing those out because it's very difficult to get them to validate.
Thanks for the quick answers!

Bob Sullivan  <rsullivan at sals.edu>
Schenectady County Public Library (NY)  <http://www.scpl.org/>
Schenectady Digital History Archive