Innovative proxy and Windows 2000 dns

Johnson-Grau, Glenn gjohnson at lmu.edu
Fri Jan 10 20:17:21 EST 2003

We use the Innovative Interfaces proxy (known as Web Access Management or
WAM in InnoSpeak) to provide off-campus access to our databases. We are
attempting to switch to their rewriting proxy, which I understand to be
very similar to the version available in the widely used EZproxy, but are
encountering some problems. Our network administrators have been
unsuccessful in editing our campus Windows 2000 DNS to add a wildcard entry
that would allow us to reformat our subscription database URLs into the
proper format for the rewriting proxy.

Innovative is being particularly unhelpful and the Innovative  IUG has not
helped much either. If there is someone who has successfully configured a
Windows 2000 DNS to accept wildcards to support either the Innovative or
EZproxy systems and would be willing to contact me off the list, I'd
appreciated it very much.

Thanks.

--Glenn

Glenn Johnson-Grau
Networked Resources / Reference Librarian
Loyola Marymount University
One LMU Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90045-8200
(310)338-6063