Encoding in IE 6

J Brian jbrian at evansville.net
Fri Jan 10 11:50:10 EST 2003

In the past few days my pc running IE 6 (with latest MS updates)
losses it's encoding setting and I have no images displayed.  I reset to
Western European (Windows) and all is fine.  I had also selected AND
unseleted the Auto select option, but no joy there.  Each time I go to a
different web site I need to reset my encoding from Western European
(ISO) Did I say this happens if Auto select is turned off or on?
I deleted my Google toolbar, thinking that I had turned "something"
mysterious on or off .... duhh.  (As cataloger/systems idiot/ reference
desk/ there's-a-jam-in-the-copy machine person I can't, at my advanced
age begin to remember it all.)
Here's a chance to you all to prove what kind, helpful, knowing gurus of
all that is  web you are. THIS sould be elementary.
TIA
Judy McBrian
Boonville (Ind) Public Library