Candidates for _All That JAS: Journal Abbreviation Sources_

Gerry Mckiernan gerrymck at iastate.edu
Thu Jan 9 13:06:05 EST 2003

      Candidates for _All That JAS: Journal Abbreviation Sources_

       With the Spring semester now UponOnUs, I would like to make
MyWebColleagues (re)aware of my registry devoted to Journal Abbreviation
Sources called _All That JAS_.

_All that JAS_ is located at

     [ http://www.public.iastate.edu/~CYBERSTACKS/JAS.htm ]

and is "  is a categorized registry of Web resources that list or
provide access to the full title of journal abbreviations or other types
of abbreviated publication titles (e.g., conference proceedings titles).
Selected OPACs that offer abbreviated title searching have also been
included. In addition, All That JAS includes select lists and
directories that provide access to the unabbreviated titles of serial
publications."

I am greatly interested in learning of other *free* Web-based journal
(or other publication) abbreviation sources (as well as *free* full
serial lists) for potential incorporation within  _All That JAS_.

The current collection of resources in _All That JAS_ included sites
organized in the following categories:

| GENERAL | AGRICULTURE | ANTHROPOLOGY | AQUATIC SCIENCES | ASTRONOMY |
BIOSCIENCES | BUSINESS AND ECONOMICS | CHEMISTRY | COMPUTER SCIENCE |
ENGINEERING | ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES | GEOLOGY | HISTORY | LAW |
MATERIALS SCIENCE | MATHEMATICS | MEDICINE | PHILOSOPHY | PHYSICS |
RELIGION | VETERINARY MEDICINE |

I am particularly interested in additional comprehensive LAW sites and
in sites for categories not presently listed.

As Always, Any and All contributions, comments, questions, queries,
Cosmic Insights, compliments [:->], Stimuli Packages, etc. etc. etc. are
Most Welcome!

BTW: Don't forget to see _All That JAS_ in Action in "Chicago"

             [ http://www.miramax.com/chicago/index.html ]

/Gerry McKiernan
Abbrev.  Librn.
I.S.U. Libr