proxy.pac files

Josh Kuperman josh at saratoga.lib.ny.us
Mon Jan 27 13:32:11 EST 2003

I am wondering if anyone knows of a good guide to writing Proxy
Autocofiguration files. I wrote a very basic proxy.pac ages ago.
I need to get fancy. I do have docs that I downloaded in May of 01 (my
guess it the URLs have changed since then but they may still be there
- I didn't check the links):

http://www.squid-cache..org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-5.html
http://home.netscape.com/eng/mozilla/2.0/relnotes/demo/proxy-live.html
http://developer.netscape.com/docs/manuals/proxy/adminiux/autoconf.htm

They seem pretty good: I'm trying to write one that will switch from
my old proxy to a new proxy, based on the ip address of the machines
on my network. eg. if ip=192.168.1.45 use 192.168.1.2, if ip in range
(192.168.1.92/27) use 192.168.1.1.

Just curious if anyone has done something like that.

--
Josh Kuperman
josh at saratoga.lib.ny.us