[WEB4LIB] Intranets

GraceAnne Andreassi DeCandido ladyhawk at well.com
Mon Sep 9 14:50:25 EDT 2002

Although it is a couple of years old now, the Tech Note I wrote for the Public
Library Association may have some useful information and links for you,

http://www.pla.org/publications/technotes/technotes_intranet.html

GraceAnne DeCandido

Perbohner, Ann wrote to us about [WEB4LIB] Intranets on 9 Sep 2002

> I'm asking for assistance from my colleagues in various
> settings, especially hospitals.
>
> I have been given the responsibility of revising our
> hospital Intranet from the ground up. I am looking for any
> examples/policies/documents/screen shots (please!) you feel
> able to share.
>
> Specifically I am looking for site architecture, design
> (GUI), navigation, content management schemes, page and
> document standards, templates, labeling conventions for
> directory names and file names, and planning and content
> management tracking documents.
>
> I would love to hear from any of you involved at any level
> with your Intranet. If you are not directly working on your
> Intranet you may still have enough access to share what you
> know.
>
> I realize that some of this information may be proprietary.
> If you want me to keep anything confidential just say so.
>
> FYI I will be implementing Microsoft SharePoint Team
> Services http://microsoft.com/sharepoint to bring us to the
> next generation Intranet.
>

> Ann Perbohner MLIS
> Webmaster/Digital Services Librarian
> Project Manager PMHS PDA Initiative
> Mercy Hospital
> 1400 Locust St. Pittsburgh PA 15219
> Ph 412-232-5611 Fx 412-232-8422
> aperbohner at mercy.pmhs.org
GraceAnne A. DeCandido, MLS
Blue Roses Consulting ~ Writing ~ Editorial ~ Web Content
New York City ~ ladyhawk at well.com
http://www.well.com/user/ladyhawk/gadhome.html

Ten Graces for New Librarians
http://www.well.com/user/ladyhawk/albany.html