Web Search Engines

garyp at itd.umd.edu garyp at itd.umd.edu
Sun Sep 1 17:50:00 EDT 2002

We are looking to replace our current search engine for the libraries' web
site (provided by the campus) with one that is locally run and configured.
The one we use will need to be open source and run on a Solaris platform.
I have downloaded htdig, which I like, except that it doesn't support
phrase searching (though it is suppossed to be available in the beta
version).

Are there any open source web search engines that you have installed and
are happy with?  Thanks in advance.

Gary B. Phillips               email:          garyp at itd.umd.edu
Web Svcs. Manager              phone:               301 405 9025
ITD                            text pager: 3014890933 at my2way.com

          So thy command delights me, that to obey,
          If it were done already, would seem late.
         No need hast thou farther to speak thy will;