[WEB4LIB] Dreamweaver Question

Jon Solomon jsolomon at library.berkeley.edu
Tue Sep 24 14:56:53 EDT 2002

first of all, have you set up dreamweaver using its site tools?  if you
have created a site, then you can do this procedure site-wide, otherwise i
think you'll have to do it file by file.

under the edit menu is a find and replace function.  the first choice is to
find in. . .choose entire local site if you have one, otherwise just the
file that is open.  under search for. . .choose specific tag, then choose
"font" in your case.  click on the "minus" sign to get rid of the "with
attribute" option.  under the action menu, choose "strip tag."  for
other two unchecked (i think this is the default).  then click "replace
all."  this will wipe out all font tags from your entire site.

-- jon

At 11:39 AM 9/24/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>Our library is in the process of moving from web pages formatted with font
>tags to a database driven site formatted with stylesheets.
>I know that FrontPage has a command to "remove all formatting." I can't
>locate such a command in Dreamweaver, but perhaps some of you might know.
>We have hundreds of pages to clean up and convert.  Several people use
>Dreamweaver so being able to use just one program would be helpful.
>
>Any ideas?
>Thank you,
>Judith Van Noate
>J. Murrey Atkins Library