Shutdown software

Bennett, Roy - WOU Hamersly Library bennetr at wou.edu
Tue Sep 3 15:22:10 EDT 2002

We use remote control software (Altiris Vision) in our computer lab. In
particular, we use its shutdown feature to quickly close the lab in the
evening. The software allows us to power off all the computers
centrally. We would like to have a similar utility to shutdown the rest of
the library's public workstations, but the cost of purchasing additional
licenses for this single function is too high.

We are looking for a utility for Windows XP which will POWER OFF
the workstations. The workstations may be on and at a login prompt
("Press Ctrl-Alt-Delete to login") or at some other point. Ideally this
would be a scheduled event but could be manually activated as well.

Your suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.