[WEB4LIB] Internet Plugins

Andrew I. Mutch amutch at waterford.lib.mi.us
Wed Sep 25 16:49:47 EDT 2002

Brad,

I just rolled out some PCs in our Kids Internet area and I installed:

Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0.5
Flash Player 6
Shockwave Player 8.5.1
Windows Media Player 7.1
QuickTime 6

This seems to have covered the majority of the needs of our
users. We upgraded to Windows 2000 and run Public Web Browser over IE 6 so
we don't allow users to download additional plugins. We don't use these
PCs for database access but if you are using these for accessing some of
the popular online database products, you may need additional plugins for
those as well.

Good luck!

Andrew Mutch
Library Systems Technician