[WEB4LIB] Re: Project management software

Robin Boulton rboulton at linc.lib.il.us
Fri Sep 20 16:31:34 EDT 2002

You might look at the various project management offerings from ZDNet
http://downloads-zdnet.com.com/3150-2076-0.html?tag=dir .Other sources for
freeware and shareware include www.tucows.com and www.cnet.com . I can't
recommend a specific product but there seems to be quite a variety available.

At 10:57 AM 9/20/2002 -0700, Edward Wigg wrote:
>At 07:34 AM 9/18/2002 -0700, Smith, Barbara <BSmith at imls.gov> wrote:
> >Several staff are asking for project management software that will help them
> >keep track of tasks and timelines.  MS Project is overkill for us.  I'm
> >looking for a simpler software application, either a separate product or
> >information about how one can use Excel or some other MS Office product to
> >create timelines and relate tasks/resources.
> >
> >Any suggestions?
>
>Project has lots of nice features, but you are right about it being
>overkill, both in terms of capability and price, for most of us who would
>like some help tracking projects but don't want the complexity and expense
>of bloatware.
>
>After I took a short project management class I went looking around for
>project management software, in the course of my travels I came across
>Intellisys Project Desktop
><http://www.webintellisys.com/project/desktop.html> (they also have a
>multi-user version for collaboratively managed projects, but I suspect that
>is beyond your needs).
<snip>