[WEB4LIB] Dreamweaver's code view (was RE: HTML Referring?)

Vicki Falkland library at cryptic.rch.unimelb.edu.au
Tue Oct 22 00:45:18 EDT 2002

>I love having both the WYSIWYG and code views open in DW ...

on this subject ..
i'm trying to get used to DW-MX, but having trouble with one aspect.

i don't have the luxury of a large monitor, so screen space is always an
issue. i tend not to use both the WYSIWYG and code views at the same time
for this reason. i'm accustomed to hitting a designated short-cut key (in
DW4 it was F10) to pull up the code view in front of my work, making
changes (typing, cut/copy/paste etc.), then hitting the short-cut key again
to kill that view.
however, ...
in DW-MX i'm having enormous difficulties pasting code into this window. i
can edit ok, no worries, but if i copy/ or cut/paste code, it just won't go
in .. nothing happens.
if i go to the "code only" view it works just fine.
if i go to both WYSIWYG and code view it works fine too.

is this something that has been deliberately changed in DW-MX?
or could it be a system resource issue where i've chewed up resources ...
something like that?  (i'm on a PentiumIII, with 128MBRAM).... however,
even with DW open, i can still cut/paste in other programs, even AFTER this
problem occurs in DW.

either i'm thick, or i'm missing something, or both ... ?

vf.