[WEB4LIB] Site Indexes

Raymond Wood raywood at magma.ca
Mon Oct 21 20:37:07 EDT 2002

On Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 04:59:58PM -0700, Karen C. Ventura imagined:
> Hi everyone - I've got a web server running Apache on RedHat
> Linux.  I'm wondering if there's a way to auto-generate a site
> index of all the pages in my web site.  Do I need additional
> software?  Of course, I'd like to be able to control the look
> of the index so it follows the same template design as the
> rest of my site.  A backup copy of my web pages live on a
> Windows NT 4.0 (soon to be Windows 2000) server.  Does that
> open any avenues for me?  Does anyone have an experience or
> advice for me on this?  I'd really appreciate it.  Thanks!
>
>      Karen

Try a search on freshmeat.net for 'sitemap' or some such.  AFAIK
there is lots of software that will build sitemaps.

HTH,
Raymond
--
"You deserve to be able to cooperate openly and freely with other
people who use software.  You deserve free software."